- In the parallelogram OAB, A is (-1,7) and C is (-3, -3) . Find the coordinates of B.
- In the parallelogram OPQR, P is (5, 8) and Q is (7, 4) Find the coordinates of R.
In the figure, x divide OA in the ratio 2: 1, y is the mid point of OB. If OXYP is parallelogram,
- The column vector for XY
- The coordinates of P
- P is (-9, 3) and Q is (5, 10) S and 7 . Find the column vector for PS. Hence find the coordinates of S.
- OCDE is a parallelogram. C is (7,6) and D is (16, 8).
- find the coordinates of E
- calculate the lengths and .
- What can you deduce about OCDE?
A VIDEO EXPLAINING ABOUT VECTORS
- The origin , for the porposes of this question, is at the tip of my nose. Afly is sitting there and when I brush it away its motion is given by the vectors;
Where is the fly . After these four moves , assuming that I still?
- How far from the origin are the points A(3,4,12) and B (-1,-4,8)
AB and C colline or if they lie on the same straight line.
AB Parallel BC
But AB and BC share the common point B there fore A, B and C are collinear.
- A (2,-2) ,B is (8,10) and C is (12, 18)
- Find the colunm vectors for AB and BC
- Using column vectors, show that OMQN is parallelgram.
- A quadrilatral has vertices D(-1, -2) E(-3, 2) F(3, 4) and G(5, -2).
- P, Q, R and S are mid points of , ,
A VIDEO ABOUT VECTORS
What are their coordinates?
- What is the relation between the diagonals of the quadrilaterals and the sides of the parallelogram.
In the figure , εC=C and Dε=D,εB=Dε andAε=2εC
By expressing AB and DC in terms of C and D, show that AB and DC are pallel.
AB = Aϵ + ϵB
What is the relation between the lengths (AB) ̅ and (DC) ̅?
In the figure S, Y and Z are oints of the sides of the triangle PQR and PZ = Z and YP = Y.
- Show that corresponding sides of he triangle PZY, ZOX and YXP represent equal vectors. Are the riangle congruent.
- The diagram below shows a quadrilateral OSRQ . OS = q , OP = p and SX = K (SP)
- Express vectors SP and OX interms of P, Q and K.
- In figure above OA = a, OB = b, F nad G are points on AC such that AF : AB = 3:4 and AG : Ac = 2:3 respectively.
- Express AG and AC interms of AB hence find in terms of a vector a and b the vector AB : AC : DG and OF
- Determine the ratio DG : OC