When you register, FAWE gets some personal information about you like email, name, location, etc. Your personal information about you as an individual subscriber will not be provided to any third party without your consent, except under the circumstances described in Compliance with Legal Process below.
FAWE may perform statistical analyses of user behaviour in order to measure interest in the various areas of our site (for product development purposes) and to inform advertisers as to how many consumers have seen or “clicked” their advertising banners.
1. Protecting your privacy
- Your Account information is password-protected. Keep your password safe.
- You can determine who will see what details of your profile in your account privacy settings (when signed in). See the FAQs page for more details.
- Information you’ve shared with everyone – as well as your name, profile picture, gender, networks, and username – could be seen by anyone on the internet. Please be aware that it will be visible to anyone viewing your profile, and apps and websites you and your friends use will be able to access it, unless changed in your privacy settings when logged in.
- We don’t share your information with third parties for marketing purposes other than clearly specified.
- We don’t employ tracking devices for marketing purposes (“cookies”, “web beacons,” single-pixel gifs).
- We don’t send you unsolicited communications for marketing purposes unless you register to receive such information
- Click logout every time you finish using the website. Forums use basic webserver authentication. Close your browser to log out.
- FAWE does not collect any information from persons under the age of 14 without the consent of their parents. If you are under the age of 14, we REQUIRE that what you post on this website is approved by your parent(s) as appropriate. .
- FAWE or members who post on http://elearning.fawe.org, may provide links to third party websites, which may have different privacy practices. We are not responsible for, nor have any control over, the privacy policies of those third party websites, and encourage all users to read the privacy policies of each and every website you visit.
- Some applications available on member or sister website or those you sign for through the website may have different privacy policies and you are advised to read and understand their privacy policies.
- When you join a course, group or forum, form a forum or group or become friends with someone, the people with whom you interact may have access to some or all of your private details depending on your privacy settings.
- We are not responsible for the actions of any third party action e.g. group moderators, trainers, forum moderators , software providers
2. Data we collect
- We collect your email address, name and other details for purposes such as sending self-publishing and confirmation emails, authenticating user accounts, providing subscription email services, registering for forums, and ensuring proper identity on this social network, etc.
- We may collect such other details like name(s), phone/fax number(s), and address for billing or contact purposes if you subscribe to any commerce related programs like classifieds, courses, events or products listing or post such listings.
- We may collect your phone number for account authentication purposes, and may transmit it to a third party service for tele-robotic verification.
- FAWE does not store credit/debit card information. Credit card transactions are transmitted to a financial gateway, and we endeavor to protect the security of your payment information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology.
- We may collect personal information if you provide it in feedback or comments, post it on our classifieds or interactive forums, or if you contact us directly. Please do not post any personal information on the FAWE online learning portal that you expect or wish to keep private i.e. you can only post in courses, open forums for people to view your information.
- Our web logs collect standard web log entries for each page served, including your IP address, page URL, and timestamp. Web logs help us to diagnose problems with our server, to administer the http://elearning.fawe.org site, and to otherwise provide our service to you.
- User surveys greatly help us to improve our website, and any information we obtain in such surveys will not be shared with third parties, except in aggregate form.
- E-Mail is an easy way for the FAWE websites users to send articles or any information to us. The e-mail address(es) that you supply to use this service will only be used to send the requested information or signed for service.
- Except as permitted by this policy, the FAWE elearning platform does not send unsolicited e-mails or information that you are not interested in as per your clearly registered interests.
3. Data we store
- All articles, courses, postings and activities on the website are stored in our database, even after “deletion,” and may be archived elsewhere.
- Our web logs and other records are stored indefinitely.
- Although we make good faith efforts to store the information in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee complete security.
4. Archiving and display of http://elearning.fawe.org postings by search engines and other sites
Search engines and other sites not affiliated with the http://elearning.fawe.org – including archive.org, google.com, and groups.yahoo.com – archive or otherwise make available information posted on this website as it does for all other websites.
5. Circumstances in which FAWE may release information
- FAWE may disclose information about its users if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process.
- protect the personal safety or property of our users or the public (among other things, this means that if you provide false information or attempt to pose as someone else, information about you may be disclosed as part of any investigation into your actions).
6. International Users
By visiting our web app and providing us with data, you acknowledge and agree that due to the international dimension of FAWE Elearning platform we may use the data collected in the course of our relationship for the purposes identified in this policy or in our other communications with you, including the transmission of information outside your resident jurisdiction. By providing us with your data, you consent to the transfer of such data to any of the places where our servers may be located.